Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pet Peeves and Good Deeds

I was very annoyed at people today. This is partly due to the fact I have been sleeping at 4am and getting up early to study for an upcoming exam. Also, because it has been pissing down rain this past week. I have been a grouch monster and it ain't pretty. The littlest things were setting me off today like...

1) People who stand at the BART ticket machine like a deer in headlights for like 20 minutes trying to figure out how to purchase a ticket and people totally unprepared when it's their turn and dig forever in their purse for change. Hello? There are a million people standing behind you waiting to purchase a ticket and will be late for their train hence late for work or school. Can you step aside and get yourself sorted? FUCK!!!!

2) Know-it-alls who spontaneously yell out during lecture. Who gives a fuck you that you read ahead, shut the fuck up and let the professor finish her damn sentences!

3) People who turn up their ipods way too loud so that you can hear their shitty taste in music filling up an otherwise silent and tranquil subway car. It was Swedish death metal by the way. Ugh!


4) People who have no regards for other people's personal space on the bus. Um hello? Your backpack is shoved into my face. Seriously, I got so fed up, I elbowed this person in the back and they fell forward.

Ending on a positive note, on my commute home on a very crowded bus again I noticed the lady sitting next to me was a bit uncomfortable. It was like looking at a mirror image of myself. She was squirming in her seat and could not sit still. She unbottoned the top of her shirt and she was grasping her neck struggling to breathe, I can tell she was breathing pretty heavy with the rise and fall of her chest. She was fiddling with the air vents for more air. This woman was on the verge of hyperventilating.

I asked her if she was ok and she said she didn't feel well. I asked her if she was feeling like she was having a panic attack. She said "YES!" I told her that I can empathize and that I suffer from them too. She was surprised and said it totally sucks. So I gave her some tips about how to calm down and relax which basically means don't fight the panick, just let happen. She miraculously felt much better, her panicky feelings disappeared, and thanked me.

Glad I was of good use to humanity today.

No comments: