Thursday, May 14, 2009

Believe it or Not...



I used to be a student in her class. I studied flamenco and bellydance for many years. To think just 3 years ago, I used to be fit. 4 hours of dance classes 6 days a week does that to you. Down the line I thought being a cubicle slave was more important, I injured my back on the job, I stopped dancing and packed on the pounds. Then I moved to Belfast and now I look like something like this...



Back then, I never subscribed to an expensive gym membership. I wasn't on any fad diets and I didn't starve myself. I actually ate whatever I wanted in moderation and burned more calories than I took in. Common sense, right? Then why is it so difficult?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The gym's not too expensive if you don't want it to be, Belfast City council's boost cards are quite decent value for money (if you use the direct debit option) and its not just the gym you get access to but the swimming pool/sauna/steam room/classes (I think some are of the dance variety)/and other facilities of any of the councils leisure centres. I think the health and well being center in North Belfast is even getting a bowling alley in the near future!

Hardest bit seems to be fitting it into a busy day but it is do-able, don't give up! :)

Flippin' Yank said...

There's a gym two blocks away from where I live. I'll look into it. Thanks for the tip. :)