Monday, August 25, 2008

Pleasure In The Simple Things

Today is a bank holiday. Everyone is enjoying their three day weekend. Even the sun came out to play. Craig and I didn't venture out very far. We just did laundry and explored the university's residential compound.

There are many major sites I haven't seen like The Giant's Causeway, riding the Belfast Wheel, experiencing a traditional Irish music session in a pub, and visiting Londonderry. But that's ok, because this trip is about being together and how we cope with the ups and downs that life throws up (I mean throws us...LOL).

Leaving is just another one of life's major pukage that is spewing our way. This is why I have been taking pleasure in the simple things Craig and I do together lately. Craig is what makes Belfast so awesome! I'm finding it harder and harder to leave leave this place.

The simple things I enjoyed today...doing laundry and folding the sheets together, walking around and experiencing the rare patches of sun beat on our skin, taking naps together in the afternoon. I wake up and find him snoring away and whisper, "I love you" in his ear and he responds in a deep sleep a barely audible, "Love you."

Earlier in the day, Craig suggested that we get to the airport very early next week so we don't have to rush around and get stressed out and we could cherish our last moments together. He wants a long drawn out goodbye. I don't want to say goodbye. Especially long drawn out ones. You might as well cut my heart out and play hackey sack with it. Just the mention of the airport makes my heart sink to the bottom of my stomach. Right now the airport is the scariest place in the world to me. The airport is going to be a very ugly scene.

No comments: