Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Lethargic

Just five minutes ago, I could see blue skies and the sun peering through the clouds. But alas, I knew it wouldn't last too long. The dark clouds were looming in near the distance.

It's seems like it has been forever since I have seen the sun. For the past few days it has been gray, miserable, and raining. I am not used to so much rain in the summer. Being a Californian, where we are spoiled by the weather with sun most of the year, I fear the rain and stay indoors. For Californians, the rain is an excuse to lounge around and be lethargic. I don't mind. It gives me time to reflect about my life and where I think it should be headed.

Lately, I have been thinking about this little experiment Craig and I have got going here. In the beginning, I feared the unknown and full of anxiety. I was afraid that it would fizzle out in no time especially what we've been through in such a short span of time.

Craig is constantly proving me wrong with the little things. For example, everytime he goes down to the kitchen he always brings back two cups of tea or glasses of lemonade. Just yesterday, he brought me a bottle of milkshake because days before I mentioned that I was in the mood for milkshake. I didn't even ask for it. It was in his mind and he just got it for me. He goes for a bottle of milk from the corner store and he surprises me with roses. He certainly is a trooper when I go out shopping, never loses patience and gives me constructive feedback when clearly he isn't interested in subjects like home decor. Or when he comes home from work exhausted, and finds me in bed sick like I am today, he brings me a cup of tea and picks up the slack where I left off: he does the laundry and cooks me dinner, the only dish he knows how to do perfectly...French Toast!

It's these little things that remind me of the relationship my parents have. My father dotes on my mother, he loves her so much and it just makes me wonder how much Craig loves me. Sometimes I watch him sleep, he probably knows since one eye peers open and closes shut. He reaches over under the covers and holds my hand.

It goes to show that he is anything but lethargic about our relationship.

No comments: