Thursday, June 5, 2008

Domesticity

So we've settled into the new house. Our roommate Johnny has decided to leave for a month so we have this 5 bedroom house all to ourselves. Johnny seems like a nice kid. You can tell from his accent he grew up in a well-to-do part of town. Long hair, tall, drummer (like myself), and into Swedish death metal. He is in his second year studying Computer Science at Queen's University.

Yesterday we were being domestic and tore the kitchen apart. The kitchen was a bit mucky so we decided to give it a good scrub. There is nothing more I hate than a dirty kitchen. I love to cook so I spend a lot of time in this area of the house. Craig mopped the floor and gave oven, counter, and sink a good scrub. Johnny must think we're germaphobes or something. LOL!

There are a few things I want to do to our bedroom to make it a little more homier. But we have to wait until Craig's next payday. It seems that all we have been doing is going to Centra and buying groceries and cleaning products. We need to take it easy on the spending. I have more than enough funds but we need to budget
ourselves carefully so neither of us end up in the red.

Sheesh! We've both been through a lot in a short span of time. If there was any test, we've just about been through it all: Motorcycle accident, looking for a place to live, arguments over said places to live, in-laws driving me crazy, cleaning house the list goes on. I'm surprised we're still going strong. I probably just jinxed myself. I have this superstition that if I write about my relationships, it falls to shit.

No comments: